7/08/2009

Why is six afraid of seven?

Happy 7/8/9 everyone! (say it out loud...) Not much going on here, just finished up the remainder of my new hire paperwork this morning, and it's looking like Monday is going to be my first day of work. Still not set in stone, but looking firmer every day. I'm starting to worry that I may be getting too anxious. Sure, it's going to be great to be working again, but it's still a job. Every job has it's bad points to go along with the good. No matter how excited I am, this is not going to be my dream job where I'll never want to leave. Just have to relax and get into more of a neutral attitude.

Thinking of starting to shave my head again. Hair's getting long and since I ride the motorcycle, there's not too much I can do with it. Basically I'm starting to look like Egon. Now don't get me wrong, Ghostbusters was a great movie but I don't really want to start looking like what was ostensibly the dorkiest character of the lot. Suppose I should at least wait until I get the picture taken for my new badge. Then I can even go back to the mohawk! Yes, I can already hear certain family members groaning. But, if I'm going to be going back to school, then I'll need to reassert some of my latent personality traits which don't necessarily go well with corporate america.

Let's face it, I'm a punk. Of course my dad would only all to readily agree, but he has a different idea of what it means to be a punk than I do. Basically, to me at least, being a punk means identifying with yourself before anything else. Too many people all too readily identify themselves with some type of external organization, be it political, religious, gender-based, social clique, whatever. To me, being a punk is the ultimate statement of "I am ME!" and I tend to define external organizations by how closely they follow along with my ideals rather than the other way around. It might take a little bit of mental judo to really wrap your mind around the idea, but once you do, you might want to be a punk too. Of course, my parents will probably understand where I'm coming from since they pretty much brought me up to be this way, so I suppose that thanks are in order.

Well, I suppose that's all for now. Check back later for more wacky adventures! Excelsior!

No comments:

Post a Comment